SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 08, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Segment, the world’s main buyer knowledge platform (CDP), at this time introduced the launch of Information Lakes, a brand new knowledge structure product constructed particularly to assist firms create cutting-edge buyer experiences with their buyer knowledge. Versatile, inexpensive and straightforward to make use of, Phase Information Lakes gives firms with the inspiration wanted to provide superior analytics, uncover wealthy buyer insights, and energy machine studying and AI initiatives.
“Everyone knows that buyer knowledge creates a aggressive benefit, however what firms typically fail to acknowledge is that the standard of their knowledge structure will decide simply how vital that benefit actually is,” stated Tido Carriero, Chief Product Improvement Officer at Phase. “Phase Information Lakes offers knowledge scientists the inspiration they should unlock the complete potential of their buyer knowledge, to allow them to construct higher merchandise and supply world-class buyer experiences.”
When Information Warehouses Are Not Sufficient
Phase Information Lakes builds on the inspiration that customer-centric, digitally-driven firms first created by way of knowledge warehouses. For years, knowledge warehouses have been a vital a part of any firm on the journey to digital transformation, as a result of they supplied entry to key knowledge wanted to know the digital buyer journey. Nonetheless, as the quantity of buyer knowledge being generated continues to develop, and as buyer expectations for extremely personalised, real-time experiences improve, their limitations at the moment are clear. Although they’re priceless inside a simple knowledge structure, knowledge warehouses can restrict a quickly rising firm’s capacity to get probably the most from its buyer knowledge.
Information warehouses are usually not designed with the pliability that knowledge scientists have to energy complicated machine studying and AI use instances — they typically face extreme limitations and are restricted to SQL-only instruments for evaluation. As well as, efficiency points and upkeep complications are a typical problem. As an organization’s knowledge volumes multiply, the related price of storage solely provides to the burden of maintaining knowledge warehouses operating.
Uncovering customized insights and fueling predictive fashions additionally requires entry to uncooked buyer knowledge, typically going again years, in addition to detailed granularity on the occasion stage. This isn’t one thing that knowledge warehouses are designed to carry, leaving knowledge scientists with out the historic knowledge units they should construct and practice their fashions.
Though knowledge warehouses are helpful for storing current, structured knowledge, knowledge lakes are the best-in-class resolution for storing massive portions of uncooked info that may then be used to create world-class buyer experiences.
The Subsequent Technology of Buyer Information Structure
Constructed particularly for buyer knowledge, Phase Information Lakes future-proofs an organization’s structure so its analytics, buyer insights, and AI and machine studying initiatives can scale with the wants of the enterprise. Combining the most effective of information lake structure and knowledge warehouse structure, Phase Information Lakes gives firms with a versatile and inexpensive basis for superior buyer analytics, knowledge science and machine studying.
It’s designed to be:
- Clear: In contrast to conventional knowledge lakes, Phase Information Lakes is populated with buyer knowledge that has already been schematized and optimized, making it clear, accessible and straightforward for knowledge groups to make use of.
- Highly effective: Information Lakes permits customers to get extra worth from the first-party buyer knowledge they gather by way of Phase, enabling it to energy predictive analytics and machine studying in addition to deeper insights into all the pieces from buyer engagement to advertising efficiency. By offering entry to historic buyer knowledge, firms can see correct year-over-year traits and higher perceive buyer longevity.
- Inexpensive: Information Lakes helps firms handle and cut back their storage prices by limiting the quantity of information saved in third-party warehouses.
- Scalable: Information Lakes gives a scalable basis for an organization’s machine studying and AI investments, future-proofing its buyer knowledge structure and stopping vendor lock-in so an organization can construct a really best-of-breed software stack.
- Environment friendly: Information Lakes saves engineering groups from having to spend their time constructing and sustaining an inefficient knowledge structure, to allow them to focus as a substitute on constructing new merchandise and options.
- Versatile: Information Lakes offers firms the choice to de-couple compute from storage, and permits knowledge scientists the pliability to question uncooked knowledge immediately or plug in whichever analytical instruments and processing methods greatest go well with their wants, whether or not it’s a Jupyter Pocket book or loading their knowledge in Databricks or different instruments for additional evaluation.
“Phase Information Lakes has been an absolute sport changer for us. In reality, we now not want a knowledge warehouse, and we will question what we would like, after we need, with out worrying about prices,” stated Casey Kent, Lead Infrastructure Engineer at Rokfin, a Phase buyer. “It’s supplied us with a basis that offers us a a lot deeper understanding of our clients than ever earlier than, and we’ve been ready to make use of these insights to construct a really differentiated expertise for our clients. We’ve generated new varieties of buyer insights that we didn’t assume had been potential.”
“Buyer knowledge is crucial to delivering distinctive merchandise and experiences, however since knowledge lakes are tough to construct and preserve, few companies have the structure in place to really take advantage of it,” stated Daniel Newman, Principal Analyst at Futurum Analysis. “As a knowledge lake constructed particularly for buyer knowledge, Phase Information Lakes gives the inspiration to unlock complicated use instances like machine studying and superior analytics, so companies can do extra with their knowledge and energy deeper personalization of the shopper journey.”
Phase Information Lakes is now out there to all Phase clients utilizing Amazon Net Companies (AWS). Assist for Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud is deliberate to comply with.
For added particulars, please go to the weblog put up concerning the announcement here.
Segment is the world’s main buyer knowledge platform (CDP). Our platform democratizes entry to dependable knowledge for all groups and provides an entire toolkit to standardize knowledge assortment, unify person data, and route buyer knowledge into any system the place it’s wanted. Greater than 20,000 firms like Intuit, FOX, Instacart, and Levi’s use Phase to make real-time choices, speed up progress, and ship compelling person experiences. For extra info, go to https://segment.com.
CONTACT INFORMATION: [email protected]